Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The end of a year draws near

Three days to go - 2007 approaches

We near the end of another year. Individually and as a whole people it is a time to reflect on the events of the past 362 days, and to look forward to a new chapter.

Individually, I the brit look back over 2006 with a mixuture of emotions. There are a few tears for the few ocassions when things did not go right, or I said something I should not have. There are the smiles for the many happy memories that have been made during the year. There is love for the people close to me, the family present and those who are no longer here. There has been laughter and a new kind of friendship forged with all the new people I have met in the corridors of www.helium.com. Perhaps the three most precious gifts I have from this year are: -

1) The deepening love for the one person who is special to me.

2) Meeting and befriending the Grit, with whom I have travelled a special journey of fun, laughter, satire, indignation and wit over the past few months. And with whom I am enjoying a unique friendship. I look forward to this continuing into the future. Thank you Grit.

3) The new friends I have made this year. I thank you one and all for sharing with me.

Globally, the world has seen a lot of turmoil over the past twelve months, although this seems to be a regular annual occurence. We wait to see whether in 2007 those who threaten our world will find the good sense to raise a hand in friendship and hope rather than anger and hate.

Resolution, for me the brit in 2007 my resolution is to live like I did in 2006. To find more tears, love, happiness, peace and above all laughter.


We hope that all of you out there can find peace, love and happiness as the new year dawns, and may all your individual and global wishes be granted.

Thank you for sharing 2006 with us, we hope you will share 2007 with us as well.

the Brit and Grit

10 Comments:

Blogger TomCat said...

A worthy resolution, Brit. :-)

3:53 AM  
Blogger Brit & Grit said...

Hi Erik and Tomcat,

Thank you and I hope that you too have a new year full of health, happiness and friendship

the brit

4:56 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

A lovely post Brit! Have A great New Year!
Cheers
Claire

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2007 will, hopefully, be a year full of hope and tolerance. Hope that real solutions will be found to the probelms of the world and tolerance of the differences that make people the interesting and vibrant beings that they are.

I have a good feeling for 2007!
Onward and upward!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Hello, just wanted to know mpre about helium?
Claire

8:43 AM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Well hello, I am just out for a walk and I just left politicsplus place and thought I would drop by to say hi. Great Christmas posts and New Years. Hope all is going well in the early 2007!

Cheers

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lovely resolution. By the way I drop by your blog by way of RN's Blog Hopping.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Brit & Grit said...

Hi Claire

Sorry we have not been around for a few days but we are back now.

With regard to you wanting to know more about Helium. Helium is a site where writers can submit articles on a range of subjects from art and humanities to religion, to business and many in between. There are a number of topics on each subject, or you can create your own.

Your articles are then judged by other writers on the site and will then rise or fall on the rankings depending upon how it is rated. For example, I have over 100 articles on there at the number one spot.

Helium sets itself out to be a knowledge providing site and the intention is to attract readers and people who are searching the internet for short knowledgeable articles on any subject.

For me it serves two purposes. 1) It provides a showcase for my work. 2) Through the discussion boards I have met a number of friends, many who come to visit the blogs. It was in Helium that I met the Grit and we have formed a great friendship and writing partnership as a result, and we have promoted our blogs through the Helium site.

Another benefit of Helium is that they do pay you for the work that is displayed. It is not great sums, but it at least gives recognition.

I would warn that you will find a range of quality at the moment on Helium, but it is improving rapidly. Personally, I have already achieved other work because of the writing I have lodged there.

If you want to know more, I would be happy to invite you to the site.

the Brit

4:02 AM  
Blogger Brit & Grit said...

Hi smalltown and rose

Welcome to our blog and we are pleased that you like what you see. After a break over the Christmas and New year period, we are now back and setting our sights for more adventures in 2007. We hope you like what we have to offer.

Thanks for your nice comments.

regards

the Brit

4:05 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Thanks for that Brit! will check it out.
Claire

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites

UK News from telegraph.co.uk