Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas around the world 12

The twelve days of Christmas

We would like to thank Megan, Erik, Jayne, Maia, Vicky and Marlis, who with the brit and the grit have provided us with experiences of Christmas around the world over the past few months. For those of you who have not yet decided what presents to buy, here are some ideas for you.

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me
a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me
two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me
three French Hens, two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
four Calling Birds, three French Hens, two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
five Golden Rings, four Calling Birds, three French Hens, two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
six Geese a Laying, five Golden Rings, four Calling Birds, three French Hens,
two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me
seven Swans a Swimming, six Geese a Laying, five Golden Rings, four Calling Birds,
Three French Hens, two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
eight Maids a Milking, seven Swans a Swimming, six Geese a Laying,
five Golden Rings, four Calling Birds, three French Hens, two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the ninth day of Christmasmy true love sent to me
nine Ladies Dancing, eight Maids a Milking, seven Swans a Swimming, six Geese a Laying
Five Golden Rings, four Calling Birds, three French Hens, two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
ten Lords a Leaping, nine Ladies Dancing, eight Maids a Milking, seven Swans a Swimming
Six Geese a Laying, five Golden Rings, four Calling Birds
three French Hens, two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me
eleven Pipers Piping, ten Lords a Leaping, nine Ladies Dancing, eight Maids a Milking
Seven Swans a Swimming, six Geese a Laying, five Golden Rings
Four Calling Birds, three French Hens, two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the twelfth day of Christmasmy true love sent to me
12 Drummers Drumming, eleven Pipers Piping, ten Lords a Leaping, nine Ladies Dancing
Eight Maids a Milking, seven Swans a Swimming, six Geese a Laying
Five Golden Rings, four Calling Birds, three French Hens, two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

7 Comments:

Blogger TomCat said...

Thanks for these, guys. I find them both informative and enjoyable.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Brit & Grit said...

Hi Tomcat

It has been really informative for us as well.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and new year.

the brit

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a pleasure! Thanks guys for all your hard work.Does this mean FB might be back on the boards - we've missed him!

Merry Christmas!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Brit & Grit said...

Hi Jayne

I am sure that normal service will be resumed after the panic of Christmas :-)

the brit

11:28 AM  
Blogger Megan Bayliss said...

Hey you two (and Jayne),
I wish you a very merry and safe Christmas.
We're home for the big Aussie Christmas lunch tomorrow and then heading off camping for a week.
Life is wonderful.
Merry Christmas world.
Mxx

7:49 PM  
Blogger Brit & Grit said...

Hi Megan

Thank you for your good wishes. We hope that you and your family have the most wonderful Christmas and a very peaceful and happy new year.

the brit and grit

1:35 AM  
Blogger Brit & Grit said...

Merry Christmas all,

I'm happy everyone could join us for eXmas. And, to give credit where it's due, Paul did most of the work on this one. (applause, applause)

Now, I have dinner for 12 to cook, so ...

Happy New Year,
the grit

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites

UK News from telegraph.co.uk